Friday, October 8, 2010

Fall Recipe

Since it's a balmy 80 degrees outside, I decided to pull out some Fall soup recipes!  I've recently rediscovered my crockpot and I've been having fun putting ingredients in it first thing in the morning and watching dinner magically come out 8 hours later.  So in honor of Fall and my new-found love of the crockpot, I give you this recipe for Bacon Corn Chowder.  I think I originally got it from a cooks(dot)com website but I have tweaked it to my taste.

4 to 6 slices bacon
1 med onion chopped
1 tablespoon flour
3 to 4 cups frozen corn
1 can cream of celery soup
1 cup chicken broth (may have to add more if soup becomes too thick)
2 large potatoes red or yellow, cubed
1 cup evaporated milk
salt and pepper

Preparation:


Saute bacon in skillet until crisp; remove with slotted spoon, drain, then crumble. Add onion to drippings and sauté briefly; sprinkle with flour and stir until well blended. In slow cooker, combine corn, soup, broth, potatoes, onion roux mixture, and bacon. Cook on low for 7 to 9 hours. Add evaporated milk and seasonings in 30 minutes before serving. Serves 4 to 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment